Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things I won't miss

So you know that stage between dating and marriage, most people like to call it the engagement? Well I like to call it the espousement. (It is more difficult to end an espousement, and anyone who knows Danny and I and how we got started, it needs to be called that. haha) Well, this time in life is the WORST! It is like you are stuck in limbo between being single and being married. At least for me.
Danny and I already act like we have been married for a year or more in the way we are with each other. (We accredit that to our friendship before dating). We get along with tons of single people, but we just kind of "fit in" with the old married foogies. We argue like we are married, we talk about our life like we are married, we are unofficially married. (Wow, the word unofficially turns up a lot in this relationship. haha) However, we get none, and I mean NONE of the benefits of being married. We don't get to fall asleep around 9 or 10pm. We don't get to spend the entire night sleeping and yes, I do mean sleeping, next to each other. We each have our "other" lives, since we aren't in the same ward. See what I mean, S-I-N-G-L-E. Here is a list of top ten things I will not miss from being single.
1. Coming home and my bedroom being empty when it is time for bed.
2. Saying goodnight to the love of my life.
3. Sleeping in the bed by myself.
4. Waking up after already falling asleep and driving home.
5. Moving all my stuff every fourteen weeks.
6. Not having a permanent home. (My parents house will always be home, but I want my own.)
7. Having only a few minutes here and there to see the love of my life.
8. Saying goodnight to the love of my life.
9. Sleeping in the bed by myself.
10. Sleeping in the bed by myself, and saying goodnight ready to leave the love of my life till the next day.
Ahhh the single life. Si-in-r-a in 85 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment