Monday, January 11, 2010

ENGAGED AND LOVING IT!!!

We are getting married April 16th in Denver with a reception in Sugar City either April 23rd or the 24.
On January 9th Danny proposed to me, after much difficultly. It seems I am a PRO at ruining plans and making it impossible to propose. We LOVE going on errands and grocery shopping together. It is just our time to talk and enjoy each others company without distractions. So we had been planning for a few weeks that we would go to Idaho Falls on the 9th to go grocery shopping at Sam's Club and Winco. Well my roommate and friend Sara is getting married on the 17th of April and wanted to go dress shopping in Idaho Falls so I told Danny we were going "shopping". He got super mad because he thought grocery shopping, our thing. So I got mad at him for getting mad, and as the day progressed I got more mad because he got mad over nothing. I went to his place so we could take my car and I got in a better mood. We went down and stopped in at the Mall for some ring shopping. SUPER FUN! I was starving so we went to Olive Garden before going to Sam's Club, knowing full well it would close by the time we got done. But I didn't care, I wanted food. We were eating and having a good time and Danny puts into the conversation "So my brother proposed in Olive Garden". Me being the BIG mouth I am, says, "YOU HAD BETTER NOT PROPOSE TO ME HERE!" Well I ruined THAT plan, which again put me in an AWFUL mood. By this time I just felt like we were never going to get engaged and the wedding would have to be pushed back. We left and went to Winco for some grocery shopping. I love taking my time walking up and down every aisle and looking at it all. Danny tells me to go quick so we can go back to his place and play some 360 before I have to go home for curfew. So I am in and out in 35 minutes without talking to Danny minus telling him to get this and grab that. (I was super mad with myself.)By the time we got to his place we had 45 minutes before curfew and I was in a better mood. We like to make wagers on playing and tonight it was winner would get a HAND massage. So I was like OKAY, if you I'll give you a foot massage. (Let me remind you the entire night he is getting texts and calls...) He wins (as usual) and I gave him his foot massage. After 3 minutes he is done and ready to play again. I win. (I was sure by default) He gives me half a hand massage and has to go to the bathroom. By this time we have fifteen minutes before I should leave. He comes back and keeps rubbing my hands and tells me what he loves about me and why. (not unusual, he tells me that a lot.) He gets on two knees and we keep talking, then he pulls out a ring (i didnt realize) and asked if I would marry him. I asked, "are you serious?!?!" Not realizing the ring is there until it is on my finger and he points it out. I obviously said "YES!"
Come to find out he also wanted to propose to me at Sam's Club (which would totally fit us) and thanks to his oldest sister and myself plan 1 was out. Thanks to me, plan 2 failed, BUT thankfully, plan 3 was a success! Sorry babe for making it hard, but it fits the rest of story as well! I am completely in love with him. He is handsome, kind, loving, funny, patient, someone I can argue with but figure things out at the same time, well rounded, knowledgeable, loves to serve, and do what is right, is a worthy priesthood holder and most importantly loves me despite my flaws. I am so grateful for him. So thank you Brother Hammers English 250 class for allowing us to meet, and thank you Danny for not giving up after I foil ALL your plans.
(P.S. Pictures of us and the ring will be posted in a few days!)

1 comment:

  1. So, I just wanted you to know that I ruined my husband's proposal too! Maybe it runs in the family... I was talking on the phone to one of my VERY good friends who had quite literally just gotten off her mission. So naturally she wanted to hear all about Ron, and even did the whole speaker phone thing with the three of us. Well, this made us late for dinner, which also made us let for a friend's harry potter party that evening. As we were coming in to the party, somebody asked Ron why I didn't have a ring yet, and he was sitting there wanting to say it was in his pocket the whole time and I would already have it if it weren't for the phone call... lol... I got it later that night, after the party, instead of before...

    ReplyDelete